NBC Predictions: The Player Certain Cancellation, Truth Be Told DOA
By Daniel Redford on October 18, 2015
Other recent Renewals and Cancellations on NBC:
- NBC Predictions: Chicago Med Renewed; Undateable Cancelled (November 29th)
- NBC Predictions: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit to be renewed (November 22nd)
There does not seem to be coming an end to ’s steady decline in the ratings. It has lost nearly half of the adults 18-49 that watched the premiere, and that were not that many to begin with. is now a Certain Cancellation.
Since last week, NBC has a single hour of comedy on its schedule. It started with the one-hour premiere of , the first live sitcom in 22 years. This week, has shrunk to 30 minutes, making room for new series to lead out from it. However, with an 0.7 in the all-important demographic, is absolutely DOA (also in terms of quality; check out my review here), so it is immediately downgraded to a Likely Cancellation.
is teetering on the edge ratings-wise. Since it received an order for five additional scripts this week, though, we will keep giving it the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer.
|Show||Status / Prediction|
|Picked up for full season|
This week's TV Watch U.S. predictions for the other networks:
- CBS Predictions: CSI: Cyber will be cancelled; Limitless in danger
- ABC Predictions: Blood And Oil and The Muppets cancelled
- FOX Predictions: Minority Report cancelled; Rosewood, Grandfathered and The Grinder going strong
- The CW Predictions: Beauty And The Beast Cancelled; The Flash and Arrow Certain Renewals